Term & Conditions
- To participate as a rider, an individual has to be equal or above 21 years at the time of the hire or purchase, holding a valid driving license (international driver permit in case of foreigners), in reasonable health and good hold over the bike.
- that the hired or purchased vehicle shall not be used outside India and Nepal;
- not to use the vehicle for any race or competition;
- not to use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
- not to operate the vehicle in a negligent manner;
- not to permit the vehicle to be operated by any other person without the written permission of Stoneheadbikes
- you may have to hire a local registered vehicle in Leh to visit Nubra, Pangong or other outskirts due to some restrictions imposed by Local union. In Leh city, there is no need to change the vehicle. Stoneheadbikes will not be responsible for any business you do with any third party and no claim/refund can be made.
2. Documents required
For Indian citizens:
- Copy of original Driver license.
- Copy of original Address proof (Aadhar, Voter ID or Passport).
- Valid Post dated cheque endorsing 'Not Over Rs. (motorbike’s depreciated cost)'. For example If the vehicle's depreciated cost is ₹100, the endorsement will be for ' Not over ₹101′.
For Foreign nationals:
- Copy of original Passport: Valid for at least 6 months past the intended period of stay in India.
- Indian Tourist Visa: Citizens of several countries are now eligible for an e-Tourist Visa which can be obtained online. It is a single entry visa valid for 30 days stay. It should be obtained online before travelling to India. It can be applied for as late as 1 week before intended date of arrival in India (processing time: generally 36-48 hours).
- International driving permit.
- Xerox of return flight ticket
3. Security Deposit
The security deposit varies from INR 1000- INR 40000 depending on which bike model you choose. This sum is held as insurance for the damages to the bike that may incur during the journey. On your return, complete inspection of the motorbike is done by our mechanic. In case of no damages, complete sum in refunded back. Deposit refund can take upto 2 business working days.
3.1. We will return your deposit in full if:
– you return the bike on time with due notice.
– you return the bike without any damage.
– you return the bike without any missing parts.
– the bike is reasonably clean.
– there is more than half a tank of petrol left in the bike (if applicable).
3.2. We will retain your deposit if:
– we are not given enough notice that you wish to return the bike.
– you do not inform us, atleast with 24 hours prior notice, that you wish to extend the rental period.
– We reserve the right to approve or disapprove your request depending upon the further schedule bookings for the same bike.
– In case of non-approved extension
– the bike is damaged.
– there are parts missing.
– the bike is with a third party.
– we are forced to collect any bike outside of working hours (10:00 am to 07:00 pm) or outside of the area that we accept to deliver to.
– A delay of 30 minutes over the rental or buyback period is permissible for the return of possession. In the case of further delay or unapproved extension, the user must pay a fine of 200-500 INR/hour varies from model to model (taxes extra).
3.3. We will return the original deposit paid to us and will not allow for any difference in exchange rate nor pay any interest on the original deposit. If the deposit was paid via POS machine or any online mode, will be refunded via NEFT/Paytm/Cash Deposit (in case of Indian Nationals) and Paypal only (in case of Foreign Nationals). Deposit refund can take upto 2 business working days.
3.4. In case of any major damages to the bike during your bike hire or buy back agreement period, you will have to pay the repairs cost at the time of bike handover only in cash or available online payment modes. Remaining balance will be refunded online via IMPS, NEFT or Paypal. After providing the final damages bill, you need to request for the refund within 7 days by sending your bank or Paypal account details through email. If we do not hear from you within the given time, your deposit will be forfeited and no refund will be made after that!
You would be given a test ride before your journey begins. The purpose of this test ride is to get you acquainted with the bike. If you are not satisfied with the machine please point that out then and there itself. The mechanic will get the problem rectified. One of our employee will also give you mechanical training so as to explain about common parts of bike and the functioning.
- 400 KM's/day (Applicable on 3-15 days hire only). For less than 3 days & more than 15 days hire, 200 KM's/day is included! Excess KM's will be charged at Rs. 5-15/KM varies from model to model (GST Extra). Total KM's/mileage will be calculated on the basis of total distance travelled to & fro our warehouse/workshop located in Jhilmil Colony, East Delhi (Applicable for self pickup & delivery as well).
- Motorbike accessories including rear view mirrors & Leg guard
- Motorbike registration certificate, Third party insurance & Pollution under control certificate will be provided through Mparivahan App.
- Spare parts are available on pre-order only. If used, will be chargeable on MRP and if not (original packing and tags should be intact) , 25% of the MRP will be charged and same has to be paid by customer at the time of bike return.
6. Available Discounts
Please visit our “Deals” page to find discounts. All the discounts or offers displayed on www.stoneheadbikes.com or any other partner websites can be avail at Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon centres only.
Go to the “Rentals” page to select the available bikes. Select the pickup and drop off location as well as the dates you require the bike. To reserve a bike for you, 100% (applicable only for the pick up from Delhi, Karol Bagh, Gurgaon or Noida centres) of the total rental has to be paid in advance; the deposit shall be paid at the time of bike pickup. For other centres, 60-100 % (vary from city to city) advance payment is required to confirm your booking. No advance payment is required for walk-ins.
8. Vehicle Choice
Please ensure you choose an alternative vehicle, sometimes events beyond our control may make your first choice unavailable (e.g. breakdown or accident etc). We will make endeavour to ensure you receive your preferred choice. You can select the IInd preferred model within 2 hours from the time of order placed else we hold the rights to upgrade your booking with any of the available models!
Yes, now you can pick up and drop off the bike anywhere in India. The cost of transportation to and fro Delhi would be borne by the customer along with idle day’s rental.
9. How are rental rates calculated?
Rental rates are based on 24 hours increments. If you pick up a bike at 10 AM it is due back on 10 AM the agreed upon day. Minimum of 3 days renting if hiring for outstation travel. All the rates mentioned on the website or sent via email is applicable only for minimum 3 days hire and for outstation travel only. For local use, you can hire the vehicle for less than 3 days as well but with the fixed 200 KM’s limit per day! Rs. 5-15 per excess KM (GST Extra) will be charged if exceeded then the fixed per day limit. Total KM's/mileage will be calculated on the basis of total distance travelled to & fro our warehouse/workshop located in Jhilmil Colony, East Delhi (Applicable for self pickup & delivery as well).
10. What is Convenience Fee?
A non- refundable convenience fee of 2.3% on the total billing amount for Net banking/Credit Cards/Debit Cards/UPI/Wallets payments is collected by us for establishing, maintaining and operating the online booking system. This fee includes the charges paid by us to the concerned payment gateway (varies from one gateway to another) for availing of such facilities.
The fees will be applicable on all bookings made through our website only. No convenience fee will be charged on direct payments including IMPS, Googlepay, Paytm or Cash.
11. Delivery and pick up
Stoneheadbikes provides pickup and drop off facility to your nearest metro stations within Delhi NCR only. This service is payable at an extra charge of INR 350 to INR 700 depending upon the distance from our warehouse/workshop. Pick up and dropping at your nearest metro station is available only for minimum 3 days hire. Due to Covid 19, currently we are operating from our warehouse/workshop located in East Delhi only. For Gurgaon and Noida rentals, please opt for delivery and pickup available at extra charges. Once order is placed and payment received, we will try our best to deliver the vehicle within 2 hours from the time of order placed.
12. En-route mechanical support
StoneheadBikes provides 24*7 online support. In case you face any issues with the bike please call or Whatsapp to the provided mechanical support number. We will try to resolve your problem on the phone and if not possible will redirect you to the nearest available repair shop. Road Side Assistance from Royal Enfield is available only with Himalayan or above 2019 Models.
13. Hours of operations
All deliveries and collections need to take place during working hours (10:00 am to 07:00 pm) if we are forced to collect any bike outside of these hours or from a third party we reserve the right to withhold the deposit. In case of delivery, final settlement will be done when we receive the bike at our workshop only. Security deposit will be refunded after deducting the damage expenses (if any) through NEFT or Paypal only.
Only third party vehicle insurance is provided as is required under Indian regulations. This has very limited effect as you are travelling and if you cause an accident then no one is very interested in making insurance claims. The claim is made on the driver directly and usually in the form of cash compensation. Negotiate quickly and keep moving on your journey. Full attention to what you are doing is your best insurance.
Comprehensive insurance is not generally available on most bike rentals.
Medical and Accident/Travel Insurance, ensure that you have arranged all your travel insurance prior to departure as bike riding in India and some of the places that are popular can be difficult and things do happen. Full attention to what you are doing is your best insurance.
15. Late penalties
A delay of 30 minutes over the rental period is permissible for the return of possession. In the case of further delay or unapproved extension, the user must pay a fine of 200-500 INR/hour varies from model to model (taxes extra). Excess KM's (applicable on less then 3 days booking only) will be charged at 5-15 INR/KM varies from model to model (Taxes extra).
16. Mechanical warranty
Mechanical warranty covers Tyres, clutch plates, battery, disk assembly, electrical parts including ignition switch and complete wiring.
– Mechanical warranty does not cover anything which is not mentioned in the inclusions.
– Mechanical warranty is not applicable on the discounted rental or complimentary accessories!
– Mechanical warranty is not applicable if bikes reserved through third party or our partner websites!
– For any reimbursement (if applicable), approval should be done from the workshop team before replacing the part covers under the mechanical warranty. Only spare parts cost will be reimbursed as per the New Delhi authorized dealers price. No labor or consumable parts cost will be reimbursed! Also no reimbursement can be made for extended rental, hotels, vehicle towing or anything else caused due to the breakdown.
– Mechanical warranty is not applicable if we found that the bike has been ridden negligently and without recommended routine check up’s and servicing. And also rider and pillion on a 350 or less CC bike is not recommended and warranty will not be applicable if we found that the issues has been occurred due to the overweight.
17. Refund & Cancellation Policy
- All confirmed rental reservations are non-refundable, unless specified under that of the Reservation Cancellation Protection guidelines (see below). No refunds on early returns.
- No refund for cancellation of bookings post advance payment. If you require to postpone or prepone your travel dates due to lockdown in Delhi or your residing state, you should inform us atleast 72 hrs prior your original start date. Only once postpone or prepone can be done at no cost. Further changes will be chargeable and you have to pay 20% of the total rental in advance to keep your reservation valid and confirmed.
- If the Stoneheadbikes cancels the booking due to break down, non availability of the bike or any other reason then we provide 100% refund of the rentals received
- Stoneheadbikes has complete authority to cancel your booking without giving any prior notice.
- There are no refunds for the early return of bikes.
Reservation Cancellation Protection (RCP)
By purchasing RCP (20% of the total rental and should be bought at the time of booking confirmation), you’re entitled to cancel your reservation and receive a full refund for the following cases:
– Sudden severe medical condition suffered by customer that prevents travel (certified medical doctor’s notice is required).
– Pregnancy of customer (Doctor’s notice is required).
– Death of customer, or immediate family member of customer (Spouse, Child, Brother, Sister, or Parent). Valid proof is required.
– Unexpected draft of deployment of customer to Armed forces (Verification required). You claim must be received by Stoneheadbikes 72 hours before the
scheduled pickup time.
– For pricing and more details, please speak to your account representative.
If any booking is cancelled by Stoneheadbikes due to non availability, a full refund will be initiated. The refunded amount will reflect in the customer's bank account within 7-10 business days.
18. Pick up from other branches except Delhi/NCR
To facilitate our clients, now we have partnership with selected and reliable vendors in Different cities as well.
- 100% of the total rental is required in advance to confirm your booking
- When you book a bike with any of our vendors, they reserve it and keep it booked just for you. Upon cancellation from your end causes unnecessary inconvenience to the Dealer and a potential financial loss. Therefore there is no refund on already paid advance/rentals.
19. Service & repair
- In case of any en-route mechanical issue, you can call our mechanic at +918076797016 for any online support or assistance. You can also call us to check the spare parts or labor cost (if required). In case of any major fault, you can provide us your location to look for a nearest service station (if available).
- Client has to do general checkup or service the hired vehicle after every 1000-1200 KM’s. Receipts from a licensed motor vehicle service center must be produced as the minimum evidence of servicing. Further penalties apply if it appears the bike and particularly the engine has suffered as a result of negligent servicing. And also 1550 INR (for Engine oil & service labor cost) + faulty parts cost will be deducted from the security deposit. In case of any reimbursement, the expense cost should be pre-approved by us and will be paid on your return and as per the actual cost only.
- You are responsible for the daily maintenance of the bike during the period of hire, you are required to check oil levels, electrical, chain tension, tyre pressures, battery water levels, ensure that all nuts and bolts are tight. If the bike requires service or has issues then contact the name provided for servicing assistance.
- For any reimbursement, approval should be done from the workshop team before replacing the part covers under the mechanical warranty. Only spare parts cost will be reimbursed as per the New Delhi authorized dealers price. No labor or consumable parts cost will be reimbursed! The original printed invoice is mandatory to claim reimbursement for the same if applicable and pre-approved only.
Please note if you have paid to fix the bike in a mechanic’s without letting us know or not letting us try to help you first, we will not be responsible for any charge that you claim.
Failure to have problems attended to will only cause you more problems, more delay and more expense. The clutch, gearbox, brakes, cables and piston/rings can be subject to rider abuse when care and attention is not taken. In areas of high dust levels the brakes can wear quickly, as also the air filter will become clogged. Care and attention is required so that you keep moving forward on your journey.
Please note that this is dependent on our schedule. We will help you as quickly as we can but we have to serve customers who have made a prior appointment first as a matter of general etiquette.
20. Vehicle Loss / Theft / Write Off
- In the event of lost / stolen / written off bikes, please inform us as soon as you can and report the missing bike to the police consider the bike stolen if the police do not have it. Request you pay for the bike as per the depreciated cost as already mentioned in the Rental or Buyback agreement. We will then give you the bike’s registration papers so that you can claim the bike if the police find it or for necessary insurance claim (if available).
- If the police retrieve your bike, please inform us as soon as you can so that we can get it back for you. You will be responsible for any charges incurred which may include fines, storage, or transportation.
- If you park the bike somewhere and lose the ticket, please inform us as soon as you can and we will help you get the bike.
- In the event of vehicle's original documents loss/theft or remain in your custody due to any reasons, you will have to pay 4000 INR as fine along with daily rental/buy back amount untill we re-apply for the papers or receive the original papers from you.
Please note that this is also very much dependent on our schedule. We will come as quickly as we can but we have to serve customers who have made an appointment before you.
21. Buy back arrangement
As per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, 59 of 1988 Reference Chapter V – Point 75 Scheme for Renting Motorcabs. ( 1 ) the Central government may by notification in the official gazette, make a scheme for the purpose of regulating the business of renting of 48[ Motor cabs or motor cycles to persons desiring to drive either by themselves of through drivers, motor cabs or motor cycles ] for their own use and for matters connected herewith.
This gazette awaits formal promulgation, till which time we rent the bikes under a “ Sale Deed Under Buy Back Agreement “ where we sell you the bike on a temporary basis, and on expiry of the rental period, buy it back from you by refunding the security deposit. None of the Delhi registered motorbikes will be provided with yellow commercial number plate!
22. Returning the bike
- We can collect bikes within normal working hours (10am – 07:00 pm). If you need to return the bike outside of these hours you will have to make an arrangement with us for you to deliver the bike to our shop yourself.
- We do not accept for bikes to be left with third parties (as this can be very troublesome and time consuming) or to be expected to collect bikes immediately. We need 24hrs notice to be able to arrange to collect bikes and check for any damage.
- If there is any damage to the bike we will withhold the deposit until repairs are done and expect you to pay any extra costs if these are greater than the deposit.
- When returning the bike it is your responsibility to check carefully for any items left under the seat as once we have the bike we will not be held responsible for these items.
- If you are leaving Delhi and your flight is scheduled outside our working hours we will require you to return the bike the day before your flight so that we are able to check the bike and return your deposit in full.
- In case of any breakdown or accident, customer is still liable to pay Rental if the vehicle is in his custody. To avoid late charges, please call our customer support and take the extension as required.
23. On the day you collect the bike
You will be required to complete a number of documents and show originals of your documents. The process of the hire of the bike or Buy back arrangement as applicable is explained to you.
24. Documents provided
Document of collection and responsibility of the bike, contract agreement for the purchase of the bike, receipt for the money paid. There is an additional legal buy back agreement to be signed, this document remains with the bike supplier for safe keeping as having this document on your person may create difficulties with you and the police.